Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Paintings Ready for Nov 12 One Man Show

I finally completed the two paintings of Lake Powell I have been working on for several weeks. I will send them off for framing tomorrow. They will be exhibited in my one-man-show "New Views - Canyon Country Paintings by Roland Lee" coming up November 12 through December 31, 2009 at the Mission Gallery in St. George.

I photographed both paintings as I worked on them and posted demonstrations on my web site, if you'd like to check out my painting process.

Watercolor painting of Lake Powell by Roland Lee"Reflections of Solitude"
21 x 29 watercolor

I worked on this painting during the St. George downtown gallery walk last week. It drew lots of attention. So here it is finished. Click to see demo

Wateroclor painting of Lake Powell by Roland Lee

"Mirrors of Stone"
21 x 29 watercolor
If you check out the watercolor demonstration on my website you will see how I used techniques of negative painting in the foreground as well as wet-into-wet and drybrush techniques. Click to see demo

No comments:

Post a Comment