Friday, April 17, 2009

St. George Art Museum Talk with Sculptor Jerry Anderson

Desert Wagon - a painting by Roland Lee in the permanent collection of the City of St. George
"Desert Wagon" was purchased by the City of St. George in the 1980's for their permanent collection. It is on display at the St. George Art Museum as part of the "30 Years of Art Festival Acquisitions" exhibit at the St. George Art Museum.

Last night my good friend Jerry Anderson and I teamed up to give a presentation at the St. George Art Museum. The talk was a part of the current exhibit featuring 30 years of art acquisitions from the St. George Art Festival. Jerry spoke about the bronze casting process and showed many of his wonderful bronzes. I described the watercolor painting process I use in my work. Jerry and I met back in the 1970's and began exhibiting together often in the 1980's. He and his wife Fawn were very helpful in encouraging us in the early days of my painting career. We also shared a love of bluegrass and country music and later played in a band together -- he on banjo and I on guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment