Thursday, December 04, 2008

New Painting of Zion National Park

Artist Roland Lee with new painting of Zion National Park
I've been working on this big painting for two weeks and thought I'd show it off a little. The location is in Zion National Park near the Temple of Sinawava. This is where they filmed my watercolor class for the new documentary on the Zion Centennial. The river is low in the fall but the reflections are amazing with the yellow cottonwoods in full color. I was anxious to get back and start this painting.I should finish the painting off tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Absolutely amazing! I love the way you have used the light on the face of the rocks and the way the reflection on the water seems to glow. Really nice work Roland.

    I was getting ready to email you....I thought you had dropped off the face of the earth...now I see what you have been busy working on!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete