Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Zion Angel's Landing Sketchbook Drawing

Sketchbook drawing by Roland Lee of Angel's Landing in Zion National Park
I had a chance to scan one of my sketchbook drawings from yesterday's hike in Zion Canyon. I spent most of my time along the Grotto Trail. This view is looking north from the Virgin River with the morning light hitting the top of the cliff face. The sketches are for a big new painting I am planning of Angel's Landing. I will hopefully start it in the next two weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:09 AM

    I last hiked Angel's Landing as a young adult almost 30 years ago--I can still recall the difficulty for me as it required facing my fear of heights! It was indeed a memorable hike. Thank you for a "walk down memory lane, and for your continued inspiration. A beautiful sketch, I look forward to seeing your painting. Carrie--Vernal

    ReplyDelete