Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Watercolor Painting of Swiss Chalet

Roland Lee watercolor painting of Swiss Chalet

On this little painting I just loosened up quite a bit on the sky and the hillside field, letting the brushstrokes tell the story. Examining the field you can see evidence of the backpainting or negative painting technique I use frequently in my landscapes.

watercolor painting demonstration of swiss ChaletLooking closely you can see the rough pencil sketch on Arches watercolor paper. I use very loose washes for the sky.

Watercolor painting lesson of Swiss ChaletNow I begin tightening up the edges by using darker glazes over the light passages. Since the chalet is darker than the sky I can paint right over it. click to see painting of Swiss Chalet on my website

No comments:

Post a Comment