Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Cool Canyon Painting

Cool Canyon, watercolor painting of Fremont River by Roland Lee
I finished this painting today. I am enjoying painting water and I really liked how the steep canyon walls and light from the distant trees reflected in this river scene along the Fremont near Capitol Reef National Park. I'm trying to finish up a few paintings and get ready to teach a two-day workshop this Friday and Saturday for the Southern Utah Watercolor Society in Cedar City. Utah.

Watercolor Painting demonstration by Roland Lee step 2I begin the painting with a light pencil drawing on Arches Watercolor Paper. I then start with light loose glazes using warm tones.

Watercolor Painting demonstration by Roland Lee step 2 I shape the trees using negative painting to paint the darker cliffs behind the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment