Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Historical Paintings for the new Washington County Library

I will be spending the next couple of months working on a commission painting for for the new Washington County Library. I have been researching the history of the libraries in this area from the first Lyceum Reading Room in Pioneer times to today.

I have painted many historical paintings of the southern Utah area in the past, and I especially enjoy the research part of it. This project is a little tougher, because I have to include all four of the former buildings and there has not been much written on the subject. Luckilly I do have some good old photos to use as reference. Over the next couple of months I will try to post my progress.

Sketch for the Washington County LibraryThis is one of my rough thumbnail sketches of the painting figures. I will do dozens of thumbnail drawings trying to work out an effective composition. When I get it all figured out, I will actually schedule a session with costumed models.

No comments:

Post a Comment